This two-high rolling
mill, installed 1873, consists of a roughing stand and two finishing
stands, a bar and a rod section. At the end of the same train a so called
universal mill was added in 1883 capable of rolling all the four sides
simultaneously. The mill was originally powered by twin
water turbines. The coal fuelled bloom reheating furnace has been
dismantled. In 1950 the water turbine was replaced by an electric
introduced to the largest gap.
The iron bars
dimensions are reduced as they are moved to smaller and smaller gap.
The end product was
often a bar 3" x 5/8" sometimes cut down in 35 cm